Blog Award

Blog Award
Beautiful Blogger Award

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

It's been a long time! Part 2

As you can see, the twins keep me pretty busy. I have not been back for over a month! Anyway, on with the story.

I was told that my C-Section was going to be at 2 p.m. but that it could be pushed back. That means, it will be pushed back! I waited all day! Finally around 4:30 p.m. I was taken to Labor and Delivery. I thought I was heading to the OR. Nope. Waited another hour. But, once we did the walk, I knew this was it!

I had already had a spinal with my cerclage surgery and it did not go well, so I was nervous. I found out that the director of anesthesia was staying to do my surgery. Thank god he did! He took great care of me. I was in and out the whole time due to my blood pressure dropping but the Dr. kept taking care of that with meds.

As soon as they put the blue drape up, everything came flashing back. The two losses, the treatments, the emotional up and downs, the monster feeling the medications give you. The dangerous pregnancy. It was all coming down to this. At 6:00 Logan, my baby boy, was pulled from my womb. At that moment I knew my dreams were coming true. It was also the moment I was able to breathe! Not only because my little guy was safe, but because he was out and his sister moved off of my lungs!

One minute later, 6:01 p.m., Lyla Jane was born. Because they were five weeks early, we did not see much of them. I saw to the side of me, Logan being measured. He weighed in at 6.1 and was 19 1/2 inches long. He was breathing on his own and looked to be doing well. Lyla was in the OR next to us, only due to limited space. My husband went to her right away. She weighed 4.3 and was 17 1/2 inches long. She was breathing on her own, but they were concerned she may need assistance. The nurses brought both babies over to my head an I was able to say hello and they were whisked away to the ISCU.

The rest of the story will be in part 3...babies are calling me. Thanks for being patient!

1 comment: