Blog Award

Blog Award
Beautiful Blogger Award

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Infertility Does Not Go Away

Yes I a pregnant. Yes, I am having twins. Yes I have heard both heartbeats. No, I will never forget what it took to get here, nor will I forget that it can all be taken away in less than a heartbeat. I still have my days where I am sad. I always will. I will never get over the loss of my previous babies.

Most people do not understand that. Often people say to me, "Well, you are pregnant now, so why are you not ecstatic?" Seriously? Why? I will tell you why! I lost two babies. I went through a year of infertility treatments with no positive outcome. And then I had to sell my soul to go through the horrible road of IVF.

Yes IVF did work on the first try and I am so thankful. But until you have walked in my shoes, do not ask me why I am not jumping up and down! When I hold my twins in my arms, you bet, I will jump!

7 comments:

  1. Your story gives me hope! I am hesitant on going the IVF route because of the cost involved and no guarantees. I wish you lots of luck on the rest of your pregnancy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Erica! I too was hesitant about the cost, but one thing we always say is what we do not have now financially wont matter in 20 years. What will matter is the children we will be raising! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your pregnancy!! I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Jenifer! I wish you a healthy family and lots of happiness. -Kelly C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my infertility will be with me forever no matter how many children I hopefully have one day. The pain is something fertile people just can't understand. I am just wondering if you had a 3 day transfer or a 5 day blast. Did you do accupuncture? Do you have any IVF tips? I am doing my first round of IVF this month and I don't want to get my hopes to far up.
    Thanks,
    KC
    www.kcoryfertility.blogspot.com
    you wouldn't even make an omlette with bad eggs

    ReplyDelete
  6. can i get a AMEN!
    I get the same even after I have had my baby!
    if & ml are ALWAYS a part of you, im a prime example.

    taranbrandon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen, Erica. I may have twin 17mo now, but I've lost 7 children (3 of whom I held in my arms) and will always be infertile. That doesnt change just because you have living children at home. Great post.

    ReplyDelete